So from seeing a few images of Fontcuberta’s work in a lecture, I’ve decided I want to make a fake archive, about a family member, who was also an explorer. She won’t be restricted to a time period or a place, because she will be travelling around a lot. She will be my great Aunt Lizzie (Elizabeth) I’ve chosen Elizabeth as this is my middle name, and gives a greater connection between her and myself.
- Take photos of animals
- Research artists – Joan Fontcuberta
- Chema Madoz
- Zoe Leonard and Cheryl Dunye (Fae Richards archive)
- Research archives (real ones to see what they include)
- (possibly) take photos of landscapes
- photoshop animals to create mythical, imaginative creatures
- take a self portrait (possibly in front of asylum)
- create a family tree
- experiment with aging techniques
- write a journal- produce sketches too?
- Create birth certificate/death certificate
- Fake wedding photos?
- Print and age photos from Abu Dhabi
- Find old chest or suitcase
- Wedding ring?
- Newspaper clippings?
- Write her story
(This work is from a previous date, done before any of my research)